One of the most important issues in employment for employees is getting the right pay and there is a legal responsibility for employers to pay on time and correctly. This seminar provides participants with knowledge that will facilitate manual checking when an entitlement is questioned by an employee.
This course provides participants with an
understanding of lawful payroll procedures. It will also provide
knowledge that will facilitate manual checking when an entitlement is questioned by an employee.
- Employment Agreements and a broad overview of the Employment Relations Act from a Human Resources and Payroll perspective
- Payment for Health and Safety Representatives' Leave and union education
- Interpreting employment agreements and identifying key words affecting the payment of wages, allowances, and provision of entitlements such as leave and overtime etc.
- Dealing with overpayment and the recovery of such payments
- The application of the Child Support Act
- The Holidays Act with particular emphasis on payment entitlements
- Parental Leave payment entitlement
- Deductions from pay and the legal order of deductions
- Deduction of union fees
- ACC entitlements
- Privacy issues around personnel and pay records
- Access to records by Government agencies and authorised employee representatives
Your Learning Outcomes
Afterwards, you'll be able to…
- Assist participants to be more confident of their knowledge about pay entitlements
- Help ensure employees are correctly paid
- Implement strategies for the knowledge to confidently discuss entitlements
One day course, 9am – 4pm
Includes workbook, arrival tea or coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
|3 Oct 2017||9am – 4pm||Palmerston North||Caccia Birch House|
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $499 + GST
Members (Early Bird): $425 + GST (Early Bird rate applies to bookings made one month prior to the course date)
Non Members: $650 + GST
VIEW OUTLINE REGISTER NOW
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.
Download our Enrolment Information guide.