08. Due Diligence
|Relevant to:||Course length:||NZQA Unit Standard:||Eligible for assistance?|
In-house H&S experts
|1/2 day||Not at present||NZTE Capability|
Development voucher may apply
As a legal entity, your company is known under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 as a PCBU. All PCBU's have a primary duty of care to everyone affected by work carried out in your workplace. Officers (or people with strategic or governance roles) are required by law to exercise due diligence to ensure your PCBU is meeting its H&S obligations. This course will give you the oversight you need to make sure your PBCU's systems and practices reflect a due diligence approach.
Effective H&S contributes directly to your company's success. You will be compliant, work towards cost reduction and increased productivity. As well as being the right thing to do, your due diligence efforts will help to protect your most valuable assets – your people; your property and your good name.
Please Note: this course is more presentation/information download style due to all of the information that needs to be covered. Typically there is limited time for exercises although plenty of questions are the norm!
- The context of the new Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Key operational definitions of duty holders: PCBU, Officer, Worker
- Key duties and responsibilities: primary duty of care, due diligence duties, specific officer/worker/health and safety representative duties
- Principles of a health and safety management system including: leadership; risk and hazard management; notifiable incidents and incident reporting and investigation; effective worker engagement and participation; and management of other PCBUs (e.g., contractors)
- Practical examples of how to exercise due diligence as an officer
- How to measure and report on safety performance for critical risks
- How to develop a due diligence plan for each officer
- A sample due diligence delivery model
Your Learning Outcomes
- An understanding of essential health and safety components and how they relate to the concept of due diligence
- Key duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- The core elements of a health and safety system including how risks and hazards should be managed and reported at strategic/governance level
- Working towards developing a Health & Safety key performance indicator system to ensure sustainable due diligence
Dates and times vary as this course is best suited to inhouse requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss bookings.
NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $299 + GST
Members (Early Bird): $250 + GST (Early Bird rate applies to bookings made one month prior to the course date)
Non Members: $445 + GST
VIEW OUTLINE REGISTER NOW
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.