03. Effective Risk Management
|Relevant to:||Course length:||NZQA Unit Standard:||Eligible for assistance?|
All duty holders|
Development voucher may apply
To manage risks and hazards you first must understand them. One of the primary legal duties in everyone's workplace is to constantly identify, monitor and control risks and hazards in order to prevent workplace injuries and illnesses. This course encourages you to take a comprehensive approach to risk management and work towards actively eliminating or minimising your hazards. Learn your duties as well as strategies and resources that will help you keep identifying risks in your workplace regardless of the nature of your business and your role in it. This course is designed to ideally run back to back with our Accident Reporting and Investigation
- Your legal obligations
- Defining a PCBU, a worker, an officer and their respective duties
- The difference between risk management and hazard management
- Health and safety requirements for risk and hazard control
- Effective methods of risk and hazard control
- Risk and hazard assessment procedures
- How to engage your workforce for effective risk and hazard assessments
- How to measure and report on safety performance with regard to risks and hazards
- How to develop effective and sustainable lag and lead indicators for high risk hazards
- Understanding your duty of care between (i) various workplace environments and (ii) different PCBUs
(e.g., contractors, sub-contractors, adjoining businesses)
Your Learning Outcomes
- Describe risks and hazards that may cause harm to people in your workplace
- Explain and understand Health & Safety legal requirements around risk and hazard control
- Use different control methods that are appropriate to various work environments
- Encourage others to be proactive in preventing injuries
- Work towards eliminating your workplace risks as the preferred option prior to considering minimisations
- Know effective ways to identify, report, investigate, monitor and review risks and hazards
|18 Feb 2019||9am – 4pm||Napier||The Business Hub|
|27 Feb 2019||9am – 4pm||New Plymouth||Plymouth International|
|19 Mar 2019||9am – 4pm||Masterton||Copthorne Solway Park|
|27 May 2019||9am – 4pm||Whanganui||Anndion Lodge|
|3 Aug 2019||9am – 4pm||Gisborne||Activate Tairawhiti|
NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme
This Course has qualified for the NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme.
Small and medium size businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers.
Business Central is an accredited provider of the NZTE Capability Development Voucher scheme and approved businesses will receive a voucher for up to 50% of the total workshop cost. The voucher amount is dependent on the price of the training or workshop.
To check if you are eligible for this scheme please follow the link below.
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $499 + GST
Members (Early Bird): $ 425+ GST (Early Bird rate applies to bookings made one month prior to the course date)
Non Members: $650 + GST
VIEW OUTLINE REGISTER NOW
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.
Download our Enrolment Information guide.