04. Health and Safety Management
|Relevant to:||Course length:||NZQA Unit Standard:||Eligible for assistance?|
In-house H&S experts
|1 day||19521(Assessment Costs Additional)||NZTE Capability|
Development voucher applies
Modern effective H&S management relies on a systematic approach. New Zealand Safety Standard 4801 describes the core elements of a H&S system. This course will introduce you to those core elements and help you with strategies to encourage active worker and manager involvement in your workplace. In order to motivate people in H&S you need a solid infrastructure to support you. The course is also ideal background if you are preparing to undertake an audit like the ACC Workplace Safety Management Practices (WSMP).
- Your legal duties as a PCBU, officer, worker
- Health & Safety, Injury Prevention, Rehabilitation and Compensation legislation
- The importance of other requirements/assistance, e.g., regulations and Codes of Practice
- The core systems elements that will help you assess health and safety performance in your workplace
- Information systems—accident and notifiable event reporting; risk and hazard management
- Induction, training, supervision and verification of competency
- Effective engagement and worker participation systems
- Task procedures and task observation in your workplace
Your Learning Outcomes
- How to set up and support a quality compliant Health & Safety system
- How to find all the supporting information you need to remain compliant
- How to help your workers and managers get the best out of your workplace Health & Safety system
- Begin to prepare your workplace for an independent Health & Safety audit
|20 Oct 2017||4am – 4pm||Lower Hutt||Angus Inn|
|22 Nov 2017||9am – 4pm||Gisborne||Activate Tairawhiti|
|23 Nov 2017||9am – 4pm||Palmerston North||Caccia Birch House|
|11 Dec 2017||9am – 4pm||Masterton||Copthorne Solway Park|
|15 Dec 2017||4am – 4am||Wellington||Business Central|
One day course, 9am – 4pm
Includes workbook, arrival tea or coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $499 + GST
Members (Early Bird): $425 + GST (Early Bird rate applies to bookings made one month prior to the course date)
Non Members: $650 + GST
VIEW OUTLINE REGISTER NOW
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.
Download our Enrolment Information guide.