2. Management: Becoming a Confident Leader
|Relevant to:||Course length:||Eligible for assistance?|
New or existing team leader|
New or existing supervisor
Development voucher may apply
Many managers are just managers. Some managers are leaders. Do you know the subtle difference? You will if you've ever worked for a true leader in the past. Take your career in management to the next stage. Make the move from manager to leader.
This two-day course is designed for existing managers who are ready to really hone their skills and get their team realising their full potential.
- Managers vs. Leaders
- What is management?
- The manager’s tasks
- Adult learning styles
- Building the team and developing individuals
- Achieving tasks
- Situational leadership styles
- The art and benefits of delegation
- Self-assessment in delegation
- How, when, what to delegate
- Planning worksheet for improved delegation
- Workplace motivators
- Motivation and team building
- Conflict handling
- Communication skills
- What is your communication style?
- Barriers to quality communication
- Questioning and listening techniques
- Performance management
- Solving problems and making decisions
- Criteria for a ‘good’ decision
- A basic 6-step decision framework
EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS AMENDMENT ACT 2018
AN EMPLOYER’S GUIDE TO PROCEDURAL FAIRNESS
Your Learning Outcomes
- Recognising your own motivational needs and natural management style, and the personal strengths and weaknesses that flow from these styles.
- Identifying and understanding the management styles most appropriate for individuals reporting to you.
- Reflecting on your present approach when motivating and communicating with others.
- Considering what steps you need to take to improve your management skills.
- Applying these understandings in the context of common management issues affecting performance, negotiation, coaching, discipline and dismissal.
Two day course, 9am – 4pm
Includes workbook, arrival tea or coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
|5-6 Mar 2020||9am – 4pm||Wellington||Business Central|
|25-26 Mar 2020||9am – 4pm||Nelson||Trailways Hotel|
|7-8 Apr 2020||9am – 4pm||Palmerston North||Caccia Birch|
|15-16 Apr 2020||9am – 4pm||New Plymouth||Plymouth International|
|21-22 Apr 2020||9am – 4pm||Gisborne||Motel Oasis|
|12-13 May 2020||9am – 4pm||Wellington||Business Central|
|12-13 May 2020||9am – 4pm||Napier||Business Hub|
|10-11 Jun 2020||9am – 4pm||Palmerston North||Caccia Birch|
NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme
This Course has qualified for the NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme.
Small and medium size businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers.
Business Central is an accredited provider of the NZTE Capability Development Voucher scheme and approved businesses will receive a voucher for up to 50% of the total workshop cost. The voucher amount is dependent on the price of the training or workshop.
To check if you are eligible for this scheme please follow the link below.
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $830+ GST
Members (Early Bird): $745 + GST (Early Bird rate applies to bookings made one month prior to the course date)
Non Members: $920 + GST
VIEW OUTLINE REGISTER NOW
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.