2. Management: Becoming a Confident Leader
|Relevant to:||Course length:||NZQA Unit Standard:||Eligible for assistance?|
New or existing team leader|
New or existing supervisor
|2 Days||None at present||
Development voucher applies
Great managers are able to bring out the best in themselves and others. But what does it take to thrive in management?
This intensive two-day course lays the groundwork for those new to management or looking towards their first management position in the near future. You will learn what it takes to become an effective manager in today's business climate
So that you are confident in your management role, this two-day course covers everything from planning to managing poor performance:
- Effective people management skills
- Key components of management: planning, leading, organising and controlling
- Communication skills for managers
- How to motivate and influence staff
- Delegating and setting priorities within a team
- Decision making
- Coaching for improved performance
- Disciplinary procedures
Your Learning Outcomes
Afterwards, you'll be able to…
- Understand the key functions, responsibilities, tasks and competencies of management
- Manage your team with confidence
- Get the best from your people
- Deal with performance issues in a timely manner
- Achieve more cohesive team work and process management
- Increase operational effectiveness
Two day course, 9am – 4pm
Includes workbook, arrival tea or coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
|8-9 Nov 2017||9am – 4pm||Napier||Business Hub|
|23-24 Nov 2017||9am – 4pm||Wellington||Business Central|
|5-6 Dec 2017||9am – 4pm||Palmerston North||Caccia Birch|
NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme
This Course has qualified for the NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme.
Small and medium size businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers.
Business Central is an accredited provider of the NZTE Capability Development Voucher scheme and approved businesses will receive a voucher for up to 50% of the total workshop cost. The voucher amount is dependent on the price of the training or workshop.
To check if you are eligible for this scheme please follow the link below.
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $830+ GST
Members (Early Bird): $745 + GST (Early Bird rate applies to bookings made one month prior to the course date)
Non Members: $920 + GST
VIEW OUTLINE REGISTER NOW
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.
Download our Enrolment Information guide.