1. Supervision: An Introduction
|Relevant to:||Course length:||Eligible for assistance?|
New or existing team leader
New or existing supervisor
Development voucher applies
Know the key skills for managing other people as well as their work.
When you manage other people, you need to balance your own development alongside managing and leading your team. This popular one day course will provide many of the tools you need to cope with this juggling act.
You'll work on a number of skills relating to motivating and leading teams, as well as good practice in communication and objective setting. If you are new to your leadership role, you will find this workshop provides you with an excellent introduction and a good basis for our other management and supervision programmes.
So that you can confidently supervise and lead your team, this workshop is designed to support everyday tasks from delegation to handling conflict:
What is supervision?
- The role and responsibilities of the supervisor
- The ideal qualities, characteristics and skills needed for supervising people
- How to make the transition to a supervisory position
- The benefits of delegation and how to do it well
- Understanding different motivations
- The Win/Win principle of conflict resolution
- Structuring an effective 1:1
- The communication process - listening, questioning and clarifying
Your Learning Outcomes
Afterwards, you'll be able to…
- Effectively and confidently instruct a team of people
- Understand the key principles of supervision
- Motivate and develop your team to continuously improve performance
- Deal with difficult situations confidently and decisively
One day course, 9am – 4pm
Includes workbook, arrival tea or coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
|5 Jun 2019||9am – 4pm||New Plymouth||Auto Lodge Motor Inn|
|11 Jun 2019||9am – 4pm||Nelson||Trailways Hotel|
|20 Jun 2019||9am – 4pm||Wellington||Business Central|
|27 Jun 2019||9am – 4pm||Palmerston North||Caccia Birch House|
NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme
This Course has qualified for the NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme.
Small and medium size businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers.
Business Central is an accredited provider of the NZTE Capability Development Voucher scheme and approved businesses will receive a voucher for up to 50% of the total workshop cost. The voucher amount is dependent on the price of the training or workshop.
To check if you are eligible for this scheme please follow the link below.
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $499+ GST
Members (Early Bird): $425 + GST (Early Bird rate applies to bookings made one month prior to the course date)
Non Members: $650 + GST
VIEW OUTLINE REGISTER NOW
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.