Conducting Disciplinary Meetings
The manner in which a disciplinary meeting is conducted is a key element in determining whether the action taken by the employer was procedurally fair. If a meeting is not conducted fairly or key steps are overlooked or omitted the outcome of the disciplinary process may be invalidated or could lead to successful personal grievance action by the employee.
This half day course will provide participants with the essential information about the actions required of an employer in the preparation for, the conducting of, and the action following a disciplinary meeting.
|Relevant to:||Course length:||Eligible for assistance?|
Development voucher applies
- The requirement for disciplinary meetings
- Preparing for a disciplinary meeting
- Asking the employee to attend the meeting
- Preparing relevant questions
- Being able to keep an open mind
- Keeping the meeting focussed
- Dealing with employee representatives
- The steps and actions necessary to ensure the process is fair
- Making decisions about the actions to be taken at the conclusion of the meeting
- An outline of procedural fairness and substantive justification requirements
Your Learning Outcomes
- Be aware of procedural fairness requirements
- Be able to prepare relevant correspondence
- Know what is required to plan and set up disciplinary meetings
- Be able to follow a step by step process of meeting management
- Have the knowledge to conduct effective disciplinary meetings
|12 Nov 2019||9am – 12:30pm||Napier||Business Hub|
|20 Nov 2019||1pm – 4:30pm||New Plymouth||Auto Lodge Motel|
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $299 + GST
Members (Early Bird): $250 + GST (Early Bird rate applies to bookings made one month prior to the course date)
Non Members: $445 + GST
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.