5. Project Management for Non-project Managers
|Relevant to:||Course length:||Eligible for assistance?|
or existing team leader |
New or existing manager
Development voucher applies
Improve efficiencies, save costs, boost competitive advantage
With businesses today increasingly under pressure to deliver higher quality faster and with less resources, more are seeing the payoff from investing time, money and resources to build organisational project management expertise: lower costs, greater efficiencies, improved customer and stakeholder satisfaction, and greater competitive advantage.
This full-day workshop, provides a practical approach to core processes and tools central to the basics of project management. We cover setting up, managing and measuring a project to ensure greater value is delivered to all stakeholders – internally and externally". While the course draws on current and credible theory it focuses on pragmatic tools and techniques that can be utilised immediately.
This course helps you choose tools to organise and manage your projects so that outcomes are achieved that are on time, on budget and as per the initial outline.
- Why project manage and why some projects fail
- Getting your project properly prepared and scoped
- The various requirements that come with each stage of a project
- Who needs to be involved – why and at which stage
- Some of the tools you might use to help you manage a project.
- Typical project phases
- The skills a project manager
- Identifying key personnel and allocating tasks
- Work breakdown, cost breakdown, milestones and schedules
- Managing risks
- Communication and relationship management
- Evaluation, reporting tools/processes
Your Learning Outcomes
Afterwards, you'll be able to…
- Assess whether something needs to be project managed or not
- Implement a structure within which to manage a programme
- Develop the structure, processes and personnel required to manage your project
- Manage the risks associated with projects
- Take control of the budget
- Manage those aspects of the project you need to be involved with to assure yourself it is on track
- Establish what is required and when – and how it will be achieved
- Determine whether or not the project has been a success
|16 Jul 2019||9am – 4pm||Wellington||Business Central|
|9 Oct 2019||9am – 4pm||Nelson||Trailways Hotel|
|15 Oct 2019||9am – 4pm||Napier||Business Hub|
|15 Nov 2019||9am – 4pm||Wellington||Business Central|
|19 Nov 2019||9am – 4pm||Palmerston North||Caccia Birch House|
NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme
This Course has qualified for the NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme.
Small and medium size businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers.
Business Central is an accredited provider of the NZTE Capability Development Voucher scheme and approved businesses will receive a voucher for up to 50% of the total workshop cost. The voucher amount is dependent on the price of the training or workshop.
To check if you are eligible for this scheme please follow the link below.
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $499 + GST
Members (Early Bird): $425 + GST (Early Bird rate applies to bookings made one month prior to the course date)
Non Members: $650 + GST
VIEW OUTLINE REGISTER NOW
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.