5. Project Management for Non-project Managers
|Relevant to:||Course length:||Eligible for assistance?|
or existing team leader |
New or existing manager
Development voucher applies
If the scope of your role is increasing, you may find it useful to build a clear framework for achieving project goals and wider alignment to your organisations goals.
This full-day workshop, provides a practical approach to processes and tools central to the basics of project management. You’ll cover organising, managing and measuring a project to ensure greater value is delivered to all stakeholders – both internally and externally.
This course draws on current project management theory with a focus on pragmatic tools and techniques that can be put to practice immediately.
WHY PROJECT MANAGE?
- Why projects go off course
- Typical project phases
- Project manager—definition and skills
- Role clarification
- Developing your approach
- Work breakdown structure
- Control schedule
- Team formation and role clarity
- Budget planning
- Project plan and checklist
- Weekly project meeting/status
- Control and risk
Your Learning Outcomes
- Coordinating interrelated processes of projects
- Ensuring projects satisfy the needs for which they are undertaken
- Ensuring the most effective use of people involved in your project
- Enabling effective communication between team members and key stakeholders
- Ensuring project milestones are completed on time and within budget
- Ensuring project risks are identified and managed
- Tracking project finances effectively
- Recommending alternatives and problem solving approaches
Course schedule TBA.
NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme
This Course has qualified for the NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme.
Small and medium size businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers.
Business Central is an accredited provider of the NZTE Capability Development Voucher scheme and approved businesses will receive a voucher for up to 50% of the total workshop cost. The voucher amount is dependent on the price of the training or workshop.
To check if you are eligible for this scheme please follow the link below.
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $499 + GST
Members (Early Bird): $425 + GST (Early Bird rate applies to bookings made one month prior to the course date)
Non Members: $650 + GST
VIEW OUTLINE REGISTER NOW
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.